Starter Tips for the noobs like me trying to go from early/mid-late game.

Endurance

Hello Vulcan,

I am a relatively new player myself, hoping to pave the way forward for any newcomers that may face the same questions I did that are lacking answers.

Obviously this guide won't contain every single answer, however, it should serve as a rough starting grounds with key points. 

if you are having issues understanding how the Leagues system works, there are other guides within the forums that explain the foundation of Leagues; Shattered Relics. Feel free to reach out to me in game as well as I have played through every League in OSRS and am a pretty big fan.

*The most important advice I can give to you is pay attention to your relics, and which ones you are leveling. level up relics based on which content you are looking to strive for. As an example; I am a PVM addict, therefore I focused on PVM based relics. doing so pushed me into combat quickly, however, my skilling fragments were lacking. Choose wisely to where you are always prioritizing the enjoyment of your gameplay.

Take full advantage of 1.5x xp rates, and SAVE your 2x xp scrolls for Slayer/Herblore.

Sigil of Prosperity is huge. This gives you 20% additional access to the Global Drop Table, which will speed up your gameplay (xp scrolls, boxes, keys, and more)

REMEMBER TO USE THAT +8 BOOST! A lot of people forget they have it, and miss out on much higher xp rates(For example, planting a yew tree instead of a magic tree.)

let's get into it.

(This guide hovers around the +/- 40-75 skill level, at these levels this guide should kind of make sense, from my gameplay perspective)

Hard early game skills you will find out quickly about are: Smithing, Construction, Herblore, and Slayer as they feel a bit more "Irony" in Vulcan.  I will touch on each of the skills, and how to progress through them so you can get into the higher level content!

Smithing: I struggled with this one. If you end up in the same situation as me where you're going for level 70 or 72, here is some advice. Bars are hard to come by early game without raw gathering, so pick them up during your PVM encounters. Mithril/Addy bars are your friend here. MAKE DART TIPS! Zalcano is a good way to get bars and early Runecrafting/Mining levels(Look for masses)(62+8 mining requirement for Zalcano)

Notable areas/things: Zalcano, Mining teleport, Motherload Mine, Slayer drops(bars,ores),Mining Boxes

Notable relics: Smithing Double, Rock Solid, Molten Miner

Construction: This one isn't too bad, other than it being a money sink. Work your way up to 52 by any means(I used GP and logs), make mahogany tables with whatever planks you have, and then can use teak for teak benches in a superior garden to 70.

Notable areas/things: There are normal planks in the store at 5k per(Not worth it), there is also often teak logs in the general store which you can buy, and turn into planks. if not, I'm 99% sure you can go to tai bwo wannai and chop teaks if you aren't getting planks etc from boxes.

Notable relics: Plank Stretcher

Herblore: If you aren't sitting in the afk zone, this one is a pain in the ass regardless of the account you make. herb/seed/secondary boxes don't do this skill any justice early/mid game. Pick up all of your herbs and don't be afraid to bank. Farming is going to be your best friend for herbs, however, you get absolutely trolled by secondaries.

My best advice here is to use a Double xp scroll if you've accumulated one and go crazy on herb once you know you're prepared. Zahur is next to the PVP shop and can make unfinished potions for you(It's relatively cheap, and is a must do to save you time). I recommend buying Secondary boxes if you are going to buy boxes, as these will provide you with secondaries to push you up in levels pretty quick.

Notable areas/things: slayer provides you with a lot of herbs. Pick up the highest tier herbs you can make. Snapdragon, Avantoe, Irit, Kwuarm, Cadantine and Ranarr are your friends. Nechryaels drop Zammy wines in 3's, so pick those up.

Here is a picture of all attainable secondaries I've been able to get so far. Base your leveling around these, +/- a few that the server may have accessible which I haven't grinded for yet.

image.png.e49f5c8b64707916f2fdd16b6aa27e2c.pngimage.png.757d0026d9e472f50b07e83dbdf4ea74.png

Notable relics: Just Druid

Slayer: This skill is rather time consuming, so best to enjoy the grind while it lasts. This is the only skill where I'll cover a bit into the higher levels as I'm in the 90's comfortably now on Vulcan(Was averaging about 1.8m xp an hour from 80+)

utilize 1.5x experience during your normal levels. You most likely won't see a lot of scrolls. Don't be afraid to spend points to skip tasks you know are going to be slow. Once you notice xp start to slow down on normal tasks and you've unlocked burst tasks, pop those Double xp scrolls and go to town. Grinding to 87 can be a pain in the ass for Trident, but by utilizing 1.5/2x xp, you'll have a much better time, especially with skipping to prioritize faster xp.

Notable relics: Slay 'n' Pay, Superior Tracking

If there are any refinements, or corrections you'd like to add, let me know. I would be more than happy to add them here.

Like I mentioned above, this guide is to provide a few small tips to the player that may be stuck at a certain point. This 'should' make some of your experience gains faster, getting you to more enjoyable content, whether it's more skilling, or PVM like myself. Goodluck.

Edited by Endurance
Adding content